Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Why outsource email?
- Which email solution is right for my organization?
- Do I need a domain to use Everyone.net's email service?
- My Web host offers email. Why should I use Everyone.net email?
- How do I sign up?
- What do I have to do to set up my email service?
- Is it easy to switch from my current email service provider? Can you help migrate my users?
- Do you provide assistance in setting up email service?
Service Quality and Operations
- Will my email service be available 24x7?
- Is Everyone.net's system secure?
- Will we ever lose messages?
- Do I have to worry about spam?
- What is COPPA and do I have to worry about it?
- Can I speak with someone if I have questions about the email service?
- How can I manage my users?
- Is my user's data safe?
- How do I communicate with my end-users?
- Is there a common address book?
1. Why outsource email?
Outsourcing email is an affordable, reliable, and easy way to set up and deploy a full-featured email solution that is tailored to your needs. Outsourcing eliminates any capital expenditures and keeps you current with the latest technologies to fight spam and viruses.
2. Which email solution is right for my organization?
You should purchase Business Mail if you
- Provide professional email service for you and your company's employees
- Ensure all users are protected from email viruses and spam
- Enable users to synchronize their email regardless of location, device or computer
- Provide ample backed up storage for users (10 GB)
You should purchase Private-Label
Mail if you want to:
- Offer your subscribers full-featured email with POP and IMAP
- Reduce infrastructure cost
- Offer a comprehensive spam and virus suite
3. Do I need a domain to use Everyone.net's email service?
Yes, you will need to provide your own domain and point your MX to our service.
4. My Web host offers email. Why should I use Everyone.net email?
Everyone.net has been the leader in email and messaging services since 1998. Our email experts have developed a secure, reliable platform that delivers carrier-class, feature-rich messaging for organizations of all sizes. With our focus on email, we
are the experts when it comes to functionality and reliability so you
will get more features like IMAP, mobile email, collaboration, AJAX Web mail and advanced spam and virus protection. View each email service plan for more information.
1. How do I sign up?
Start here to find the service plan best suited for the needs of your organization.
2. What do I have to do to set up my email service?
Once you have completed the sign up and purchase process, simply log in and follow the step-by-step instructions in your Control Center panel.
Whether or not you have a domain, the set up process is simple. From registering a new domain, if you don't already have one, to updating the Mail Exchange (MX) records and Canonical Name (CNAME) in your Domain Name Server (DNS) file, we will handle everything for you.
Once your service has been set up you can use our web-based Control Center to administer your service. The Control Center also gives you an unparalleled level of flexibility to customize the look and feel of your email service.
3. Is it easy to switch from my current email service provider to Everyone.net? Can you help migrate my users?
Yes, our support experts can help you migrate your users from an existing email service to ours. Our migration process seamlessly transfers all your users' data, so they will not experience any service disruptions. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
4. Do you provide assistance in setting up email service?
Yes, our support experts will help you get started! Our free setup service includes:
- Phone support so you can speak directly to an expert to get issues resolved quickly
- 24-hour guaranteed response to your questions submitted via email
On demand support tools are always available for your use, visit Support to view tutorial guides, set up information and Knowledge Base. Please note that support plans vary with email service packages. View our Support matrix for more information.
Service Quality and Operations
1. Will my email service be available 24x7?
Yes. Our expert email architects have spent years researching, developing, testing, and fine-tuning an unparalleled application service delivery system to seamlessly deliver robust, reliable email at all times.
Dedicated operations staff constantly monitors server functions, availability, and performance in our 24x7 operations center to ensure that our system is running smoothly. Plus, on domains obtained and hosted by us, your Domain Name Server (DNS) file will be monitored to make sure your service is always up and running.
2. Is Everyone.net's system secure?
Everyone.net takes every precaution to ensure the security and safety of your information, as well of our user data. Everyone.net's email infrastructure has been developed based on a stringent security methodology that deploys sophisticated and redundant firewalls to screen network traffic.
We have also invested significant resources to make sure our system's environment is safe. Physical facilities are monitored 24x7 by security guards, alarm systems, and cameras. All operations staff is required to attend security awareness trainings on a regular basis.
3. Will we ever lose messages?
We provide full backups of all your mailboxes and store your mailboxes, as well as the backups, at an offi-site, carrier-class hosting facility, which helps protect your data in the event of a fire or natural disaster.
Our world-class data center is supported 24x7 with a highly trained staff and physical protection including redundant HVAC air filtration, water-free fire suppression, UPS power protection and diesel generator backups to protect against power failures.
4. Do I have to worry about spam?
Everyone.net takes spam complaints seriously, and provides multiple ways to protect users from receiving unwanted email. First, using our SpamShield, we filter email from known spammers, so they never reach your users' Inbox.
SpamShield Pro is powered by Proofpoint Enterprise Protection, which scans your e-mails using F-Secure Anti-Virus.
Second, we provide an online spam guide to help you recognize and deal with spam issues. Finally, users can set up filters within their mailbox to block email from unwanted addresses.
We have a strict anti-spam policy and reserve the right to disable accounts used to send spam. Once the account has been disabled, you can delete it through the Control Center.
If you need additional assistance with spam complaints or issues, email email@example.com.
6. What is COPPA and do I have to worry about it?
COPPA stands for Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, instituted by the US Federal Trade Commission (FTC) on April 21, 2000, to protect the online privacy of children younger than 13 years old.
7. Can I speak with someone if I have any questions about the email service?
Email support options vary by email service. All service plans offer 30-day set up support. For more information regarding support options, visit our Support section. For specific questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. How can I manage my users?
You can easily manage your users at any time from any Internet-enabled computer using the Control Center, our web-based administration tool. You can reserve names that you do not want users to sign up for, delete users, as well as create forwarding accounts.
2. Is my users' data safe?
Yes, to access your users' data, one must log in to your password-protected Control Center account. Therefore, you control who has access to this data.
To prevent others from accessing your users' data in our system, we have developed our services using sophisticated, redundant firewalls, which are deployed to screen network traffic. We regularly monitor security bulletins and aggressively apply patches and workarounds to avoid any vulnerability.
3. How do I communicate with my end-users?
Registered users can be easily contacted via email through the User Management section of the Control Center. In addition, you can customize the message on the Welcome Page, where end-users are directed every time they log in to their email accounts.
4. Is there a common address book (Business Mail)?
Yes. Business Mail users can easily set up a common address book that is available to all users. In addition to common address books you can also create an alias in your Control Center to manage distribution lists.